Wednesday, August 13, 2014

To Teach

I always have passion in teaching, be it to children or adults. Be they preschoolers, K-12 students, adolescents, diverse learners, or even bright university students. Whether it's English, psychology, or Quran. It's somehow rewarding and can shower me with immense bliss, the feeling that even money can't do.

It's the way the students' face light up to know that it's me who will teach them again. Or the way they talk about other-not-so-fun-teachers in front of me. Or the way the laugh so freely and look enthusiastic. It's the way they smile and nod to hear what I explain. Or the way they trust me with their personal problems. It's the way they listen to me so carefully, even though some of them look unfocused and sleepy sometimes. Or the way they ask to take a picture with me. It's the way they appreciate me with a "thank you", and the way they say goodbye at the end of the day. Observing them, and knowing that I seem to do well, always make my day. 

Teaching is one of a few activities that I don't mind doing without being paid. I can teach for hours without being exhausted. It's the feeling that makes me think that I'm actually helping someone to be a better person, I guess. That I can persuade someone with things that I always value. That somehow, I matter. Even though it might not be true, teaching always make me feel good and confident about myself. Teaching is not an easy thing to do, but I love it anyway. 

"The teacher is the one who gets the most out of the lessons, and the true teacher is the learner." - Elbert Hubbart

To more years of teaching, no matter where, how, and whom to. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...